What Information We Collect & Why?
When you agree to use the HonestyBox and purchase your retail commitment token – you are entering into a contract with us. You agree and accept our terms and conditions and those terms outlined in the Transaction record set up on our HonestyBox platform by the Affiliated HonestyBox Estate Agent acting in your sale / purchase.
The HonestyBox will ask you to confirm the following inputted information is correct;
- Full Name
- Date of Birth
- Contact Number
- Email Address
- The Address of the Property being bought / sold and under the HonestyBox protection
- The Agreed sale / purchase price of this property
- Name of firm (s) of solicitors acting in the conveyance process of this sale / purchase
We will ask that you e-sign a declaration confirming this information is all correct and that you are happy for the HonestyBox to retain this information confidentially.
Once you have consented to the above – The HonestyBox will invite you to PURCHASE your HonestyBox Commitment Token and protect your property transaction.
How Do We Use Your Information?
Data Protection laws dictate that we are allowed to use and share your personal data where we have a proper / appropriate reason for doing so. The law stipulates that we must have one or more of the following reasons;
- Contract – your personal information Is processed to fulfil a contractual arrangement. In this instance we need to contact you and send you updates as to the transaction under protection and allow you chance to ‘redeem’ your token / dispute a decision made by the Affiliated Agent. Once the HonestyBox transaction is complete – you will be given the option to opt out of further HonestyBox communication.
- Consent – Where you agree to us using your information in this way and accept the HonestyBox’s T&Cs.
- Legitimate Interests – By this we mean the interests that the HonestyBox might have in managing our business to ensure the HonestyBox platform runs with integrity and offers our customers the best possible protection. An example is the contact we may need to have with Affiliated Agents / Solicitors within the process.
- Legal Obligation – Where there is a statutory / other legal requirement for us to share your information. An example might be if we needed to share your data with law enforcement agencies.
Who We Share Your Data With & Why?
The HonestyBox will not share your information with any party with whom we are not required to do so.
Your personal information may be shared with;
- Mangopay (payment processing) – The HonestyBox only works with the most trusted and secure third-party payment processing providers in order to securely take and manage payments and hold funds securely in escrow.
- Affiliated Estate Agents – When you agree to use the HonestyBox and purchase your Commitment Token – a confirmation will be automatically sent to the Affiliated Agent involved.
- Fraud Prevention Services – your collected personal data will be used to prevent fraud and money laundering & to very your identity. We may also enable law enforcement agencies to access and use this data to investigate and prevent crime.
We process your data on the basis that it is necessary and in the public’s interests as well as our own, to prevent money laundering and fraud and because it is essential to protect our business and to comply with the laws that affect us.
Given that Estate Agents have a legal obligation to retain information on clients in relation to property sales and purchases for a period of 6 years. Given the HonestyBox business platform relates to Estate Agency and the sale & purchase of property and land within the UK – the HonestyBox will likewise retain and hold your data for a period of 6 years. However you will not be contacted again once your transaction is complete once you have opted out of further communication.
Fraud prevention agencies can hold your data for up to 6 years if they feel you pose a risk or they have valid reason to do so.
If we or a fraud prevention service at any point deem you to pose a threat or risk for fraud or money laundering – we reserve the right to refuse to provide you with the services you request or stop providing existing services and your details may be passed on to the relevant acting authorities.
Your personal data is protected by legal rights which include your right to object to our processing of your data and to request that stored data is erased or corrected.
For more information or to exercise these rights please contact us via the contact information given on our website at www.honestybox.co.uk.
You also have a right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s office which regulates the processing of personal data.
Transfers To Third Countries
Currently the HonestyBox doesn’t transfer data to any third countries. Should this change in the future – you will be notified.
If data was in the future to be transferred to third countries – the HonestyBox will ensure that we have put in place the appropriate contractual provisions to ensure there are strict regulations for the confidentiality and security of your data. To find out more please contact us at [email protected]
Keeping In Touch With You
We would like to keep in touch with you with regard to updates to our services or improvements made to www.honestybox.co.uk – however if you do not wish to receive this communication you can request that we stop writing to you by contacting us at: [email protected]
How Long Will We Keep Your Information?
For more information on your data subject rights please visit the Information Commissioner’s website at www.ico.org.uk
However as stated above we will retain a record of your information for a period of 6 years in conjunction with the period of time Estate Agents are legally required to retain the information of clients selling and purchasing property.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data protection regulator in Europe if you feel your data subject rights have been infringed. These contact details can again be found at www.ico.org.uk – However we do ask and encourage that you contact us first, before making any complaint and we will seek to resolve any concerns you might have. You can contact us at: [email protected]
This section is to help you better understand what ‘cookies’ are and how the HonestyBox uses them. Also what choices you have in regards to their usage.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored on your browser or computer hard-drive, or other device when you visit our website. This allows the Site to recognise you as a user for the duration of your visit or for a repeat visit. (Session cookie or Persistent Cookie)
Cookies are not harmful and do not contain vital personal private data such as your date of birth or home address.
- They enable you to transact.
- To personalise and improve your customer experience.
- To record those areas of the site that you have visited, products you have purchased/ The HonestyBox does this to make the site more user friendly and make ongoing improvements to customer experience.
- To recognise the device that you are using.
Can I turn Cookies off?
Yes but if you elect to do so – your experience on our site may well be limited.
To change your cookie settings, or if you wish to be notified when a cookie is to be used, you should update and alter your settings in your web browser to prevent us from storing the cookies on your browser or hard-drive.
Visitors to the HonestyBox at www.honestybox.co.uk who do not want their data used by Google Analytics can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on feature.